Learn InDesign (Sub-Editors Course)
Our virtual and face-to-face Adobe and InDesign training courses for sub-editors will empower your team to boost productivity.
This half-day Adobe InDesign training course will have you navigating layouts and editing text. Also, learn how to create or edit captions, insert special characters, use find & replace and spell-check.
Your own Adobe Creative Cloud account is required for this course.
About this course
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- use basic navigation;
- work with layers;
- work with text including captions;
- understand paragraph and character styles; and
- use the Help menu and access online help resources.
This introductory course assumes little or no knowledge of the software. However, it assumes you work in a role that requires you to edit existing InDesign files.
- Half-day (9 am to 12:30 pm or 1:30 pm to 5 pm).
- There will be a 15 minute morning or afternoon tea break.
Please view our Pricing page or complete the form below to obtain a quote. The cost will depend on the number of participants and whether training is to be conducted on your site or at one of our recommended training room locations.
- Work with a workspace
- The tools panel
- Use selection tools
- Understand panels
- Display and hide panels
- Float and dock panels
- Work with the status bar
- Understand screen views
- Change screen views
- Use the hand and zoom tools
- Use shortcut menus
- Use keyboard shortcuts
- Insert special characters eg copyright, trademark, non-breaking spaces, m-dashes
- Work with tabbed documents
- Use tables
- Navigate pages
- Understand master pages
- Understand layers
- Hide and view layers
- Create a caption
- Change display performance
- Work with text
- Apply typestyles
- Edit text in place
- Edit text with the story editor
- Export to PDF
- Search for online help